Suggestions, Comments and Complaints
Our complaints procedure is designed to make sure that we settle any complaints as quickly as possible.We will always be willing to hear if there is any way that you think that we can improve the service we provide.
If you have any comments, compliments, concerns or complaints about the service that you have received from the doctors or staff working for this practice, please let us know.
We hope that any problems you may have can be sorted out easily and quickly often at the time they arise and with the person concerned. If your problem cannot be sorted out in this way and you wish to make a complaint, we would like you to let us know as soon as possible – ideally within a matter of days or at most a few weeks – because this will enable us to establish what happened more easily.
However, if it is not possible to do that, please let us have details of your complaint:
- Within 6 months of the incident that caused the problem; or
- Within 6 months of discovering that you have a problem, provided that is within 12 months of the incident.
Our Practice Manager, Pauline Mackenzie, will be pleased to deal with any complaint. She will explain the procedure to you and make sure that your concerns are dealt with promptly. You can make your complaint either in person to Pauline Mackenzie or in writing.Some complaints may be easier to explain in writing – please give as much information as you can, then send your complaint to the practice for the attention of Pauline Mackenzie as soon as possible. Complaints of a clinical nature will also be reviewed by Dr M. Khan, the Senior Partner.
If you do decide to complain in writing we will:
- Contact you within 3 days to discuss and agree how you wish your complaint to be handled
- Agree specific areas of concern
- Discuss suitable timescales for our response to you
- Keep you informed throughout the process
- Provide you with a written response, including details of actions we will take to improve our services
In order that we can do this, please ensure you have provided us with a telephone number when you first make contact.
All matters are dealt with in confidence. However, it may be necessary to share certain information with other parties. We will seek your permission before doing this.